Saturday, March 21, 2009

What is making the difference to my hair.


I have noticed that on my hair journey I have had many set backs, hair breaking, seen with occasional patches of short hair especially in the center/ middle of my hair. Extremely hard hair which happened after a protein treatment (it took 7 hours for me to detangle) etc. I guess like everything in life you will have setbacks but it is what you do to remedy that which makes the difference. These changes have made the most difference to my hair

1- Stretching (I know can be hard but just add one week at a time to your normal regime, keep the new growth moist and with any sign of breaking or damage run to the hills and relax it.

2-DC not necessarily every other day but at least once a week til the hair improves.

3-Get the good Stuff (read the reviews, it just may work for you especially if the person has a similar hair texture to yours)

4- Take advice from someone who's hair actually looks good, makes no sense you follow the youtuber who's hair looks to put it frankly "jacked up".

5-Balance, protein is important, moisture is important know what your hair wants.

6- Leave it be, forget the blowdryer, flat iron, and all that gel and let your hair grow.

7- Change your relaxer (I did and I feel much happier)


Pics will come soon I promise.