Sunday, March 8, 2009

Stretching Woes




Week after week I have been battling with my new growth. I was Ok whilst it was in braids but dealing with it now about 2 inches growth and week 10 I am having a really hard time. This has to be the hardest stretch ever and I really respect those ladies who go for 16 weeks and over.

I have been thinking about professional looking styles that would help me with my stretch. I mean I like to brush my hair back in one and smooth down the edges, but I get so nervous thinking about my new growth, it does not get touched and its sheer drama to detangle it come wash day.

I am still yet to come up with some styles to help me. Today I thought I would attempt one of the styles I used to rock all the time when I was natural. I just plaited the roots (the natural part) and twisted the relaxed part. My greatest challenge is trying to prevent the relax portions from unravelling. Well whatever the outcome I know I wont have this hair drama to face until my next wash day.

So here's what I did, I pre pooed with a hot oil mixture of almond oil and profective growth oil then washed with Giovanni invigorating shampoo. DC with my alter Ego condish and later my Aussie 3 min moisturizing con. I used the giovanni leave in and HE LTR and airdried. Today I parted my hair in small sections, saturated the roots with profective mega growth strengthener and finished with some more HE LTR.

No comments: