Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Relaxer (part 1)


I am sitting at the computer now 1 am with conditioner in my hair. Today I decided to relax my hair and I went to this new hairdresser that I found, she was not bad with the application but put on the conditioner literally for 1 min. I was a bit worried but she continued. She roller set and wrapped my hair and yes we did get in that dreaded argument about the trimming. I allowed her to cut off 1 cm she was unhappy but I was elated.


I smelt something like relaxer in my hair still but I thought it was the other ladies hair I was smelling so I did not worry about it. I went home changed and went out and came home and wrapped my hair. This time the scent was overwhelming it smelt like relaxer, I am lying in bed wondering if that was my hair. It had to be, this was a first for me, I know the hair has a processed smell about it when it has just been relaxed but this was ridiculous.


I got out of bed determined not to let my hard work go to waste. I shampooed my hair three times and am now I am typing this with affirm sustenance in my hair. Yes I am tired, I have to get up early for work but hell no will I let this lady ruin my hair after such a long hair journey. I will say this again, by far my sister is the best person who has ever relaxed my hair.

No comments: