Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year New Hair


It has been a while since I blogged. It has been a busy holiday. I have been on this HHJ for about 4 months. My first goal when I started was APL (full) by feb 09 and BSL by Dec 09. I will now add thicker hair by Dec 09. I think I have managed a regimen though changing the products the basic structure is the same. One thing for sure, this year is I am increasing the protein treatments, more protective styling, continuing with my supplements and incorporating exercise. I will change my stylist. Its amazing how your stylist can cause major setbacks by tearing out your hair and trimming the life out of it.
Oh I stopped my last stretch at 9 weeks (had a family function) and relaxed with ORS lye. I must say I am happy with the results; I had minimal hair loss. I believe that when you have been having probs with progress think of changing your relaxer. I am ever on the quest to stretch my hair to 12 weeks and beyond. So to start the year I am yet on another stretch, no trim, deep conditioning (1-2 weekly) challenge. I will be doing product reviews also starting with the ORS relaxer sooon and rating them on a scale of 1-10. You have to be obessed about your hair to meet the goals sometimes. I hope we all have a fabulous year and that all our dreams come true.

2 comments:

LaQT/ Ty said...

Glad you liked the ORS lye. I will be trying Tuesday, letting the hairdresser apply it.
Sounds like you plan to more diligent this year in your hhj.
I'm trying to stay on track to healthy lifestyle as well as healthy hair care too.
I decided to change relaxers, too, b/c that Mizani made my hair so weak and thin.Can't wait to check out your reviews.

Finehairsistas said...

Hey Nesha,
i'm thinking about switching relaxers also, maybe ORS or Mizani butterblends,is that what you used before?
btw: your hair is getting thicker and it looks really healthy :o)
fefe