Monday, January 26, 2009

Update on coffee, hair and whatever else.


Its 4:00am and I cant sleep, I guess drinking coffee at 7:00pm is never a good idea. Have you ever wondered how after a while your hair care journey almost becomes therapeutic? Seriously initially it was somewhat of a hassel, like watching grass grow. When you become less obsessed about the length and just more into the health of the hair you enjoy it more.


When I am upset I slather on some DC and go under the dryer, or I apply some oil mix to my scalp, these days I am into aromatherapy and just added peppermint to my castor oil. To my surprise I hear that it makes the hair grow and I was just going for the mood lifting effects.


I am combing my hair less, I never thought the day would come when I would say that. I guess when you have your hair in a protective style or just intend to put it in a bun all that manipulation seems pointless. And it does detangle pretty well on wash days anyway.


Had a setback the other day, did the Henna and decided 3 days later to do the Aphogee treatment as sheduled (my mini challenge). Needless to say there was much "crackle and pop", I did learn my lesson next DC after henna has to be moisturizing (for me at least).


I would not consider myself a PJ but I do look forward to trying new things, I usually wait until I am out of something to replace it with another. Ok I do agree the Herbal Essence hello hydration is nice, nothing to shout about but nice for a cowash, better than VO5 and well I am yet to try some others.


On that note I am due another product review, next up "alter Ego garlic conditioner". Hope I can get some "shut eye" now.

No comments: