Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Stretching


Well the last time I stretched for 10 weeks I had some crazy shedding and hairdresser told me not to do it again as it was breaking my hair. Well I really need to increase the thickness of my hair and I believe that the less you relax it the fuller it will look. Of course you have the downside of the breaking at the demarcation line. So what I intend to do is as I approach the 8 week mark, I will put my hair in cornrows, essentially low manipulation and see how it goes. Whatever happens I can always relax but it makes sense to sets goals. So the clock is up and I am now in week 4. So eight more weeks here we come.

I am developing a regimen for the 7 week and beyond stretch.
1- Cornrows each week
2- Detangle in sections before DC every week (with ORS, Nexxus Humectress, Keracare Humecto, prob CPR products that give me the most slip add EVOO to all conditioners) DC with Alter Ego when shedding always follow with a moisturizing Condish.
3-Shampoo every 2 weeks with CON
4- Protein treatments every 2 weeks
5-Pre poo before each DC with daily moisturizing of scalp with Alma oil
6-Giovanni and Pantene Leave in both extremely moisturizing. Consider S-curl to moisturize and seal with Vatika oil.
7- Need to get a really Huge snag free comb
8- Airdry might not work may need to do low heat rollersets
9-Bantu knots dont work for me and the curly styles though hide the new grow for some strange reason I believe may cost more breaking
10-Listen to my hair, relax as SOON as it starts to act the FOOL.

This is a work in progress by the time I get to week 7 I should be ready.

1 comment:

Ran said...

Wow, sounds like a good regimine. I have very fine thin hair myself and I've be trying to figure out the best way to care for it and get it growing thicker. Nice blog;o)