Monday, November 3, 2008

My Hair regime


My Regime
This is a work in progress, the constants for now are,

Pre poo twice weekly (with oil) with a 5-10 minute scalp massage

Cowash and DC on Wed (midweek)

Shampoo once a week

Clarify every 4-6 weeks

Seal with Vatika Oil

Alternate day leave in
Wrap every night

Low heat only cold hooded dryer or air dry

Cold rinses Relax every 8-10 weeks

Daily Vitamins

Protective styling after week 1 of relaxing (Dont like buns, twisting etc so soon after relaxing) NO COLOUR

3 comments:

Nesha said...

For shedding I have a lttle concoction that I hear is good, I soak crushed garlic ovenight with olive oil and coconut oil and apply it to the hair, however I have noticed that the Mizani hydrafuse kerafuse mix really does the trick, I will try the mixture again. Then update this blog. This whole deal with shedding, still working on it.

Nesha said...

I am now pre pooing twice/week with my mixture of EVOO, CO and JBCO. I will try and do a light massage. Very soon I will be incorporating indian oils in my pre poo. Then monitoring the progress and seeing which one is better for my hair.

Nesha said...

I bought the Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner will see if that does better for the shedding than the crushed garlic mixture. I have also realised with regards to the leave in that. After a protein DC I need to use a moisture leave in and after a moisture DC use a protein leave in. I also got Giovanni leave in so will be using that as the moisture leave in and 911 as the protein leave in.