Sunday, June 7, 2009

My rollerset at 10 weeks


I seriously thought a rollerset at 10 weeks would have been a disaster. But this has me wanting to stretch to 6 months. But of course I won't push my luck; the key to stretching for me is more moisture and occasionally protein. This what I did;

1) I clarified with Mizani clarifying shampoo

2) Used the last of my Alter ego garlic condish. Now this is definately a staple, can be a bit expensive but if you can you must buy it.

3) Steamed my hair for 30 minutes. This step is key at this stage of stretching it really makes the new growth soft. I warmed a damp towel, placed it on my hair covered with a shower cap and went under the dryer.

4) Rinsed and then left the ORS deep condish for 1 hour with a steam cap while I messed about at home.

5) Rinsed with cold water and set my hair with Aphogee Provitamin leave in. I was really pleased with the results.
I know this hair journey can be frustrating at times. Sometimes you just cant be bothered, well dont be. Just make sure you deep condition at least once a week, tie your hair at night, moisturise your hair daily and pay special attention to your new growth. You will soon realise that cant be bothered can equate to low manipulation and your hair begins to look better than ever.

No comments: