Thursday, February 5, 2009

Got Braids.







This wasnt really part of the plan, not yet anyway, but I am going to be away from home for 2 weeks. I am not sure of what I will have available to me, and its not cute carrying all that baggage (hair conditioner, pre poo, etc) around. I am not even sure what the water situation will be like so to avoid that I did braids.

Last night was a looooonnng one. I pre pooed the night before with alma oil and washed with Keracare detangling shampoo the following day (last night). After this I DC'd with mizani combination treatment (Kerafuse and hydrafuse) dried on cool with hand dryer and finally 30 min under hooded dryer on low heat.
I used some Aphogee provitamin complex as a leave in prior to drying and moisturized with Nexxus Humectress (works well as a leave in, just use a small amount) and Profectiv mega growth anti breakage strengthener (a mouthful I know). I then proceeded to seal with lots and lots of almond oil and braided with cheap braids (the extensions help to make the style last longer).
The whole process from start to finish took me 6 hours! I could not believe it. Now to maintain them I will nourish the roots with a castor oil and peppermint mixture I have, and moisturise when needed. I will tie my hair down with a satin scarf. And hope that it last for 2 weeks.

5 comments:

random said...

They look nice!

Finehairsistas said...

I like them :o)
fefe

Anonymous said...

They look really good!

Anonymous said...

Your braids turned out good! I need to learn how to cornrow with extensions pronto.

Chick Vision said...

You're braids look really nice. :)