Saturday, February 21, 2009

The trip to the Salon and the Trim


I am back, and will be trying to update my blog more often. On Monday I went to the salon because I had no other choice. I was locked out of my house and had just taken out my braids, I went 2 weeks without a wash or a DC and I was desperate.

I went to the first salon I saw up the street, it was an empty looking place with a customer getting her nails done. I asked the first attendant what product line they used for their DC, she did not know, I was surprised as I watched her walk over to the owner of the store to ask.

The owner greeted me and told me she was impressed that I was actually interested in the products used as most people walk in and just ask for a "treatment". She told me "Salerm, affirm, Dudleys, Vitale" and I was hooked.

She gave me the Salerm treatment and didnt attempt to detangle my hair until it was soft and easy to manage. There was a fair amount of shedded hair but I felt nor heard any breaking as I normally would. She then roller set my hair and flat ironed the roots. She looked at my hair and said the dreaded statement "You need a trim". I told her no thanks and left. I was very pleased with her, she spent most of her life in the US and most of her ideas about hair care are quite similar to what we share on the boards.

Then I got home and saw what she was talking about. I swore off trimming I was just bent on dusting my ends. But I am telling you something though the ends werent split they were seriously thinning and weighing my hair down. I cut it myself all 11/2 inches and felt better. I guess when I relax in 4 weeks time I can better assess the length, but rignt now I am more interested in the health and thickeness the length will come eventually.

No comments: