Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back in Braids













I did some cornrows about 6 weeks ago and I did not like them much. They were too big. I usual do the cornrows myself and use some extensions to give them length and longevity. This time they are back in. What I did was cowashed and airdried my hair, I then used the hand held hair dryer to detangle the roots. I really need to do some videos but then my sister taught me this so she should do one. The hair dryer really helped, I then moisturised with shea butter and did my cornrows. I have been getting huge compliments and oddly enough alot and I mean ALOT of people think its all mine. Sure it is I bought it didnt I?
I plan to leave them in for 2 to 3 weeks. I maintain them by spraying my hair with an Aphogee green tea leave in with coconut oil a concoction that I have, alternating with my new Oyin Juices and berries leave it. I also use castor oil and Alma oil on my roots daily before going to bed. Oh and not to forget, I tie the hair at nights , it can look messy really quickly if I dont.

2 comments:

About Mrs Jaye said...

i think they look nice on u

Natalie said...

I currently have cornrows and love them! I'm hoping they'll help with achieving some length as I build the courage to get rid of the cremed ends.
I really love this look on you!