Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mamas recipe







I told my mom I wanted to go natural and if she had any advice to give me. I have a baby sis (she is 19 now) who got relaxed at a very early age. We were all upset, she was too young not even 12. She has thick 3c/4b hair and we thought it odd that she would relax it as she has 4 more girls and we all went without relaxers until High School.

Well after realising her error she stopped relaxing it. And I realised in about 3 years she was natural again. Well she said she steamed my sisters hair weekly with castor oil. I also noticed that she was in alot of protective styles. She would go to the salon once monthly to get the hair washed and blow dried, then placed in cornrows , single twist, whatever. I think she got some of those castor oil treatments whilst in the protective style.

Up to this day she is still natural and wearing protective styles. I know she is going to kill me but I found some pictures of her hair and it is still beautiful! Sometimes you dont have to look very far for inspiration.

No comments: